Plaza Theatre now requires proof of vaccination or a negative test.
First cinema in Atlanta with this policy.
Beginning Friday, September 10th, the Plaza Theatre will now require of all guests over the age of 12, along with a matching photo ID, either:
- Proof of full vaccination (all shots required, plus 14-day period)
- Recent negative COVID-19 test (no older than 72 hours)
The above will be required for admission to any Plaza presentations. Some third-party rentals that are already planned may have exceptions at the discretion of the renter.
For the convenience of our guests, as an additional alternative option, the Plaza will make available 2 testing options on-site:
- Rapid tests (BinaxNOW) will be made available for purchase for $15, to be used on-site.
- Every 2 weeks, a professional testing company that provides no-cost testing will be made available to the public through a third-party provider as capacity allows.
These options will help create a safer experience for everyone. We are following the model of many live venues and events. In addition to our standing safety protocols, we will be evaluated from time to time against the City of Atlanta’s re-opening phase and current CDC recommendations.
- The Plaza is proud to be a part of the NATO CinemaSafe program, meeting and exceeding the program’s safety standards.
- Masks required for staff and guests except when seated and actively eating/drinking.
- Seating is no longer reserved.
- Capacity is currently limited to 60% (Downstairs = 206 of 324) and phasing down to 30%..
- No cash on site. Transactions online or and via credit card cutting down contact.
- Bipolar Ionization for the air system keeps the air healthy.
- Hand sanitizer available throughout the building.
- Doors propped open or foot pulls installed to minimize touching doors.
- Asking any staff or guests who feel sick or demonstrate any COVID-19 symptoms to stay home.
RELAXED REFUND POLICY
If for any reason, including the new requirements above, the Plaza’s typical “no refunds” policy will be suspended for the time being and refunds can be issued as long as they are requested before showtime. For any online purchases, refund requests can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org forwarding your tickets or order confirmation. For any ticket purchases made in person, refunds must be requested in person.
DISTANCING AND LIMITED CAPACITY
Until further notice, the Plaza will operate with a structured distancing layout to make sure all parties are seated at least 6’ or more from one another. Capacity will also be limited to approximately 30% beginning September 15.
Masks are required of all guests at any time other than when at your seat and actively eating or drinking. Masks are required whenever moving around the building, and we ask that you wear a mask even at your seat when not actively eating or drinking.
The Plaza continues to be one of the only cinemas with bipolar ionization technology integrated into the air conditioning system to make the air our guests and staff breathe safer.
REDUCE CONTACT & SANITIZING
We continue to utilize a variety of methods from propping doors, keeping foot pulls installed to avoid needing to touch doors, not accepting cash, and offering hand sanitizer available throughout the building all to help make a safer experience.
UPGRADES AND NEW FEATURES
- Newly installed 35mm and 70mm film projection system alongside our 4K digital—the only in Atlanta to watch the film in the most superior format.
- Newly upgraded audio system brings the best experience!
- New Merchandise available as part of the concessions menu
Our Drive-In screens at the Plaza and Dad’s Garage locations started in May, 2020 with an incredible response. We have ended screenings at the Dad’s Garage location and plan on continuing to run the drive-in at the Plaza as long as the property owners continue to allow us to and we keep having a demand from our customers.
Questions, comments or suggestions about our safety protocols? Please email us at email@example.com.